Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by Freedom Chocolate and as user of this website you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make is subject to our terms and please take a moment to read through our terms and conditions.
Please read this document in conjunction with our Privacy Notice.
The conditions detailed below do not affect your statutory rights according to UK law. Please note that we reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you visit. Continuing to make use of our website confirms your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below.
These terms & conditions contain the whole of our agreement relating to your purchase, together with our website prices and contact details.
We accept no liability (to the fullest extent allowed by law) for the accuracy of information contained on Product pages or on the website, which may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors.
We use all reasonable endeavours to adhere to the delivery times set. Please see the Delivery Info page for detailed information on delivery timescales.
We reserve the right to refuse to supply any person or company for any reason.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions are declared void for unfairness pursuant to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999, the remaining contract shall only continue to bind the parties if it is capable of continuing in existence without the unfair terms.
Use of This Website
Freedom Chocolate is the exclusive owner of its & designs and all other company names & logos are the property of their owners. No permission is given in respect of the use of any brand names, product names, trademarks or their respective owners, and such use may constitute infringement of their owner’s rights.
All design, text, graphics and underlying source code, software and other material on this website are copyright of Freedom Chocolate and ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. All content included on Our Site, unless, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is Our property. By continuing to use the Our Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on Our Site without written permission from Our authorised representative.
Products and packaging may be substituted at any time without prior notice. When this is necessary, we will substitute for an equal or higher priced item, but we will endeavour to contact you first before making any substitutions.
The total value of your order will be displayed on the order confirmation screen when you place your order with us and will be displayed in pound sterling.
Credit Card Safety
Any losses sustained by the transmission of personal information by e-mail or Internet links shall be borne exclusively by you.
Credit Card Payment
Charges to your credit card will be shown as Freedom Chocolate.
Freedom Chocolate makes every effort to ensure products arrive in perfect condition. However, in the unlikely event of a product arriving damaged, customers should contact us within 3 days of receipt to allow us to investigate and, if appropriate send a replacement. We may ask you to return your order to us and if the product was found to be faulty, we would also refund the return postage.
For all returns please use our contact page or email us at:
Please send all returns to:
Refunds for valid claims will be made via the same method of payment as used to place your order and will be processed within 7 working days.
You may cancel your order by informing us of this by e-mailing email@example.com any time up to fourteen days from receiving delivery. Goods are to be returned to us at your expense in an unused, unopened condition without the seals or wrapping being removed or broken. We will refund your money within 14 days of receipt of your return.
Returned goods are to be accompanied by a note showing your name, the date of order and the invoice number, and should be forwarded to our team at the address above.
We reserve the right to alter prices to take into account forces beyond our control.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by us, our employees or our agents in circumstances where:
(a) there is no breach of duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
(b) such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
(c) any increase in loss or damage results from breach by you of any of these terms and conditions; or
(d) such loss or damage relates to any business or non-consumer loss or damage including, without limitation lost data, lost profits and business interruptions.
We strongly recommend that if you have any health concerns about consuming our products that you seek the advice of a qualified health professional. Our products are in no way meant to diagnose, treat or cure any individual or symptoms.
We will not rent or sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission. If you have purchased from our store, subscribed to one of our newsletters and entered any of our competitions, or advised us of your e-mail address, post & telephone number – we may occasionally update you on news and special opportunities via e-mail. Please see our Privacy Notice for further details.
Communication & Marketing
By subscribing to Freedom Chocolate and providing us with your e-mail, postal address and telephone number you consent to receive communication from us about our latest products and special offers. Our emails refer to the products & services we offer, which we think may be of interest to you.
These standard terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided to you or to which you are referred at the time of entering the competition.
Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
• Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Freedom Chocolate, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
• The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
• Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
• Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and deemed void.
• All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
• Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
• The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
• The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
• Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
• The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
• In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Freedom Chocolate relating to any post-winning publicity.
• Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form.
• Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
• Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner(s).
• Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
• Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
• Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
• The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
• The Promoter is Freedom Chocolate, Vicarage, High Hesket CA4 0HU.
• In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
• A list of winners will be available by writing into the Promoter’s address no earlier than six weeks, unless otherwise stated, after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.
• For all our competitions and promotions run on Facebook or Instagram please note they are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Goods, Pricing and Availability
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Goods available from Us correspond to the actual Goods. Please note, however, the following:
Images of Goods are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions.
Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of Goods may vary. Please note that this sub-clause does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Goods, not to different Goods altogether.
We neither represent nor warrant that Goods will be available.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed.
All prices are checked by Us when We process your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, please note the following:
• We will contact you in writing before proceeding with your Order to inform you of the mistake and to ask you how you wish to proceed. We will give you the option to purchase the Goods at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof). We will not proceed with processing your Order until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 14 days, we will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of the same in writing.
• In the event that the price of Goods you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order to Us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you a Dispatch Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
Dispatch Confirmations shall contain the following information:
• Confirmation of the Goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Goods;
• Fully itemised pricing for the Goods ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
• If We, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days.
Delivery, Risk and Ownership
All Goods purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within the times given in the Delivery Info page.
Delivery shall be deemed complete once our carrier has delivered the Goods to the address including, where relevant, any alternative address provided in your Order.
Freedom Chocolate Terms and Conditions – Last updated 28th October 2020